The RGA team enjoyed seeing a lot of activity last week as it was great to see many of you enjoying some time out of the house and getting some fresh air. I know this message has been repeated several times but we want to emphasize the health and well-being of our members, guests and employees continues to be our top priority during this challenging time. Please be assured that we are continually updating our protocols and guiding principles that follow the recommendations and guidance issued by the Center of Disease Control (CDC), North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, County Public Health, North Carolina Emergency Management agencies, as well as guidelines issued by OSHA and EEOC.
By now, everyone should be familiar with the COVID-19 website and the CDC guidelines which gives you ways to be as effective as possible against the spreading of the virus. RGA continues to recommend any member or guest who has recently traveled either domestically or internationally that has been specified at higher risk for COVID-19, we respectfully ask you to please refrain from coming to the club for 14 days after returning from your travels for the safety of members and staff. We also request if you, a family member and invited guest is running a fever, sick or does not feel well to please stay home and cancel your upcoming tee time.
Below are additional steps since my last notification that the golf operations team is instituting:
- We are asking the membership to do their part of self-monitoring, washing hands, use sanitizers, self-distancing etc. before you arrive and during the round. Please stay 6 feet apart throughout your round.
- The Rules of Golf allow players to keep the flagstick in the hole while putting. We recommend this practice at all times while on the putting surface to avoid contact with the flagstick. We will remove rakes from all bunkers and will allow players to take free relief within the bunker at no penalty due to unraked bunkers during play.
- Golf cart steering wheels and cart handles will be disinfected on a daily basis by the staff.
- Sand bottles will be removed from carts but available upon request so they are properly cleaned and disinfected before and after the round.
- Water stations on the course and around the clubhouse will be not be in service. Bottled water will be available for a discounted price of $1.00.
- Scorecards and pencils, etc. will no longer be available in open containers in the golf shop counter but can be provided on request. All golf carts will have these items in the cart to start the round.
- The golf course maintenance team will put the cup in the hole upside down to help limit the number of people touching the flagstick and minimize the contact of the ball in the cup.
- Single Ride Carts: To help keep members and guests 6 feet apart, starting today any member and guest who elects to use a golf cart will be able to do so and must ride as a single. The only exemption our team will make is family members can elect to ride together. All other cart rounds will be for single riders only. To help the staff manage the number of carts, please designate on the tee sheet if you will be riding or walking when arranging a tee time. For those members who like to walk the front nine and ride the back nine, carts for the back nine may not be available. Advanced reservations for carts will not be accepted by the staff. During busy days we are aware carts may not be available for those who would like to ride but will continue to monitor the situation and adapt future tee sheets if necessary.
- Golf Shop: To further help members and staff self-distancing, the golf shop will be locked to help reduce foot traffic. The golf shop will still be staffed during regular business hours to assist members with tee times, phone calls, tournament registration, etc. Members and guests who would like to purchase merchandise, equipment, golf balls, hats, and apparel will still be able to do so by notifying a member of the professional staff. We will advertise apparel sales on a regular basis through the website, emails and social media.
- Bathrooms: Will still be available through the side entrance of the clubhouse.
- Snack Bar: We are still offering the same menu options. We ask that you please call (919) 662-1021, 1-2 holes in advance to place your order and we will have it ready for you via curbside pick-up.
- No coolers are allowed. No outside food or beverage is allowed.
- No cash.
- For any upcoming member event, tournament scorecards will be produced and placed on each cart. All scoring will be done through our tournament software Golf Genius but we will not showcase a scoreboard or TV leaderboard at the conclusion of play to help self-distancing and gathering of 10 or more people. At the completion of the round, playing competitors will verify scores, call them out to the professional staff who will type them into Golf Genius. Our professional staff post the results at www.rgagolf.net at the conclusion of play.
As the situation evolves, and in accordance with newly issued guidance, our clubs may implement additional preventive measures to ensure member and staff member well-being, including staffing or service modifications. If you have any questions feel free to call 919.772.9987 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to navigate this together. Have a great day and hope to see you at the club this weekend.
Effective March 8th, 2020
|2020 Winter RATES||RIDING||WALKING|
|18-Holes: Saturday, Sunday & Holidays||$42.00||$30.00|
|9-Holes: Saturday, Sunday & Holidays||$32.00||$25.00|
|Twilight: Monday-Thursday (After 4:00 pm)||$25.00||$18.00|
|Twilight: Friday (After 4:00 pm)||$28.00||$21.00|
|Twilight: Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (After 4:00 pm)||$30.00||$23.00|
Foot Golf is available for $20.00. Times must be approved by the professional staff.